Once you’ve visited a participating gallery and spotted a piece of art you’d like to buy, ask the gallery staff about applying for a Collectorplan loan. They’ll be able to fill in the application form with you and send it to us at Arts Council of Wales for approval.
Once we’ve completed the necessary checks, we’ll be in touch to let you know if your loan application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you your approved loan agreement, which you can then use to collect your artwork from the gallery.
Collectorplan loans are interest-free* credit agreements, and UK residents can borrow between £50 and £5,000 towards the cost of a piece or pieces of art and crafts by living artists in Wales.
- You only need to pay a 10% deposit upfront
- The Collectorplan loan is repaid in monthly instalments by direct debit
- The maximum period for repaying a Collectorplan loan is 12 months
- The minimum monthly repayment is £10
- You can buy multiple works of art from multiple galleries up to the maximum £5,000 credit facility threshold
- Loans are available to UK residents aged 18 or over with a bank or building society account capable of operating Direct Debits.
- Collectorplan loans are normally approved within 7-10 days
*APR 0% representative. These notes are a general guide and do not constitute any contract or offer.